Hawaii

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Mahalo,
Heaven ... I mean Hawaii is such an incredible place and a must travel destination. Its relaxed and hang loose life style make me consider moving every time I am there! Hawaii is one of those destinations where you bask in the beauty and can feel totally at peace. I always stay in Waikiki because I love  the amazing juxtaposition of the hustle and bustle of the stores and restaurants with amazingly relaxing beach vibes. I also love having different things to do each day as I am not the kind of person who can lie down on the beach from dawn until dusk. I am my most relaxed when I have things to do, bars to drink at and shops to explore. I also have found that being coeliac in Waikiki there are just sooo many options. However this does not mean I don't love exploring the rest of the island as well! That being said here are my top tips for Hawaii:
No automatic alt text available.
Number one: Beware of the oats!
Now this one is for my Australian friends, being coeliac or celiac in America is slightly different and the US have a different position on oats than Australia. Now I am of the position that as a coeliac I shouldn't be eating oats and I therefore I need to make sure when eating in Hawaii that I say gluten free and no oats.

Number two: Go to the Cheesecake Factory... it is worth the wait!
If you live or have visited the States you will most likely know that the Cheesecake Factory is an institution! In Hawaii however it is like Mecca! Around lunch time and dinner time hoards of hungry tourists flock and surround the restaurant and there is definitely a reason why! With a menu that rivals some novels, this restaurant has anything and everything you could ever ask for.... including delicious gluten free options!!!


Number three: Cocktails and dinner at sunset at the Moana Surfrider 
This is my family's end of the trip celebration. A beautiful hotel it is the perfect place to celebrate the end of a terrific holiday with a cocktail, a little bit of a fancy meal (gluten free options available- just talk to your waiter) and an incredible view! I would recommended however getting there early enough before sunset as you will find it always has people with the same idea.
Number four: Explore the island by hiring a car
Oahu is a beautiful island that definitely has more to see than just Waikiki beach. Whether it is a scuba trip to Hanauma bay, exploring North Shore or exploring natural waterfalls, hiring a car is a great and easy way to get around! For insight into the Hawaiian culture visit the Polynesian Cultural centre, delicious pineapple icecream visit the Dole plantation and gluten free burgers visit Seven Brothers Burgers half way round the island. You really can't go wrong when hiring a car to see all that Oahu has to offer!
No automatic alt text available.
Number five: Go on a sunset cruise!
This is my highlight and it is definitely a must when going to Hawaii! A sunset cruise picks you up off Waikiki beach on a catamaran and is about two hours. As you sail across the water you get amazing views of Diamond Head, the Waikiki skyline and the amazing sunset and some of the cruises have an open bar! I have done the sunset cruise about 5 times and I have never been disappointed!

Now there is no way I can explain to you the absolute love I have for Hawaii but I hope this gives you some insight into all the magic Hawaii has to offer! An absolute gem with anything you could ever need for a relaxing vacation .... Hawaii really holds a strong place in my heart!!!

Happy and safe travels,
Georgia
The Coeliac Adventurer
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
Hiking Diamond Head

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, beach, sky, child, outdoor, water and nature
Surfing at Waikiki

Swimming in the waterfalls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ireland

The Southern States (USA) Part Two

The Fundamentals