My Packing Essentials



Not knowing what to pack? 
This gets me every time I go overseas! What do I need? What are the essentials? What can I not live without? What do I take for granted at home that I actually can not live without if I can't find them overseas? What is going to make my trip more comfortable? Now, whether you are travelling interstate, to sunny Bahamas or freezing Greenland (my two dream destinations) these are the things I can not live without!

Number one: All the drugs needed to prevent or respond to being glutened.... the life savers!
These seven products make my life travelling bearable when avoiding or faced with a gluten attack.
Gluteguard: This papaya extract can be taken before eating and prevents against the side effects of gluten attacks. An absolute saviour, it helps digestion of gluten and means you can pop a tablet when faced with potentially contaminated food.
Mylanta: Oh my lanta, I love Mylanta! It reduces acid reflux brought on by eating gluten.
Buscopan: Great as it reduces stomach and bowel cramps brought on by eating gluten this is a terrific product and helps tremendously!
Imodium: Stopping diarrhea this is a must. Lets face it when you are travelling you don't want to get stuck on a toilet in middle of nowhere unable to get back on your tour.
Degas: Relieving the gassy and bloated feeling this reduces discomfort greatly.
Paracetamol and Ibuprofen: It doesn't matter the brands (I use Panadol and Nurofen) but alternating between the two provides greater relief.

Number two: Instead of Windex put Thars on anything and everything! 

Thars is an antiseptic ointment that I've used ever since I was a child. Helping to heal and clean cuts, scraps,burns and draw out splinters I put this stuff on pretty much anything and everything that hurts. This means it, along with bandaids, are a must in my suitcase! 

Number three: Make up that doesn't break the bank!

Now I  absolutely love wearing make up! But in life and especially when travelling I don't wear the most expensive as there is nothing worse than coming to find that something has exploded in your make up case. Here are the products I use:

Blush: Baked To Last Blush $26.00 AUD The Body Shop
Eye shadow pallet: Eye Shade It Burgundy $19.95 AUD Sportsgirl 
Foundation: Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Foundation 30mL $24.95 AUD Priceline
Eye liner: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner 2.5mL $25.95 AUD Priceline
Moisturiser: OLAY Complete UV Lotion $9.00 AUD Priceline
Bronzer: Frosted Bronze Me $14.95 AUD Sportsgirl 
Lipstick: Mac Really Me Matte Lipstick $36.00 AUD Myer
Mascara: Covergirl LashBlast Volume Mascara 13.1mL $18.95 AUD Priceline

Number four: My five clothing essentials no matter the destination!

Leather jacket: No holiday doesn't require a leather jacket in my opinion. From setting sail in Croatia or to the snow fields of Norway, this jacket has been with me every step of the way! Easily worn both day or night, a leather jacket is easy to pack and doesn't get dirty. Suitable to dress up an outfit, protect you from the elements, when going out on a night on the town, or to throw on when the weather turns nippy. It is therefore a girls best friend when travelling and that is why it is essential no matter the destination!!!!

Sunglasses: This may sound vain but a pair of sunglasses can make or break your holiday snaps. Make sure the pair you take away with you are able to go with a variety of outfits and you like the way they fit your face. This being said, don't take your $300 pair, like Kim Kardashian being pushed into the ocean and loosing her diamond earring, unexpected things happen whilst travelling and trust me no one feels sorry for you if you tell them your excessive and extravagant sunnies were stolen or fell off in the ocean. So do everyone a favour and buy some cheap and cheerful ones. Sunglasses are also a must as they hide a number of sins behind them... partying too much? extremely jetlagged? Sunnies fix it all! 


Bathers: I always take bathers and I've never regretted squishing them in somewhere as they take up little room and can be an absolute life savers in the right situation. Whether it is the sauna, spa or hot spring right near by that you didn't know about, having a pair never goes a miss!


A black cami top: As a Melbournian I follow the massive stereotype of black on black on black, this means when I pack my suitcase most of my suitcase is black. There is one item that every trip slips into my suitcase and to be honest I take about three black cami singlets on every trip. I do this  because they are easy to wear, they convert from day to night and they go with everything.


A colourful or patterned scarf: To brighten up an all black outfit I always pack a scarf to add a pop of colour, to warm me up on a cool night or to double as a sarong at the beach. No matter the holiday I find packing at least one scarf always comes in handy!

Number five: Extras things to think about! 

Wallet size: I never take my actual wallet away with me due to the size and the extra things in it you don't want to be carting around. Knowing that I will not be using my Village Cinema card or my Myki card it seems a waste to take these away with me and add extra weight to my load. It is also easier not to mix up different tender if it is a travel purse!

Digital luggage scales: There is nothing worse then the absolute dread that comes to weighing your suitcase at the airport after copious days of shopping and squeezing in all the knick knacks you've picked up a long the way. Therefore I take digital scales away with me, they are lightweight and take up little to no room in your luggage but give you the piece of mind you need after all the shopping you've done!

Waterproof camera: Now I use my iPhone a lot when I travel and find it takes photos that are good enough. However on recent holidays I've taken a waterproof camera and it means that you can take it anywhere and not worry about your phone being destroyed.


Splitwise: I love this app as it tracks expenses between you and your travel companions. Gone are the days of the 'remember I paid for x, y and z',  'oh really, well I bought this and that'. This app takes away any of the messiness and awkwardness of money related issues and means the bill can be settled overseas or when you return home!

I really hope these tips are helpful for when you are packing for your next adventure!!!
Happy and safe travels,
Georgia
The Coeliac Adventurer


Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing, indoor and closeup





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ireland

The Southern States (USA) Part Two

The Fundamentals